Wednesday 9 March 2011

Day 20: Weather ruined our fun so we made our own :P

Hello again...today I promised an awesome blog but I am going to have to give you my back up pictures, the weather today was kind of crappy and so was unable to get out and take the pictures I wanted, but I will give it another go as soon as I can. Today's pictures are mostly fun, silly pictures but I thought you have had enough of buildings for a while :P.


Today's topic is about inanimate objects and the joy they bring to peoples lives! I have had a toy bear that I have slept and cuddled with (until I came to Uni where I did not think it was a good place to bring him(he is safe at home!)) nearly every night since I was born his name was "Puffy" he is even older than me! Which is funny to think about a little bear being older than me! I wanted to put a picture up of him but I don't have any! Now to the serious topic! There is a saying that "money does not buy happiness" in my own honest opinion I don't believe this saying. Sure you can find happiness without money and wealth but having it does help a lot! 
So Today's questions are! Do you have a Teddy/toy/blanked that is special to you? and how old is it? And also do you think happiness can be bought?

Thank you so much for reading my blog once again, I am sorry that the pictures today are not as I promised and I would love to hear from you all just click comment at the bottom of my post and leave a comment ( you don't have to be signed up to leave a comment just leave your name or be anonymous!)

Now some random facts! 
A toy is any object that can be used for play. Toys are usually associated with children and pets. Playing with toys is training the young for their social role. Young chimpanzees use sticks as dolls - the social aspect is seen by the fact, that young females more often use a stick this way than young male chimpanzees. They carry their chosen stick and put it in their nest. Such behaviour is also seen in some adult female chimpanzees, but never after they have become mothers.
It is not unusual for adults and some other animals to play with toys. An example of this is a dolphin being trained to nudge a ball through a hoop. Many items are designed to serve as toys, but goods produced for other purposes can also be used. For instance, a small child may pick up a household item and "fly" it through the air as to pretend that it is an airplane. Or, an animal might play with a pine cone by batting at it, biting it, chasing it, or by tossing it around. Another consideration is interactive digital entertainment, such as a video game. Some toys are produced primarily as collector's items and are intended for display only.
The origin of toys is prehistoric; dolls representing infants, animals, and soldiers, as well as representations of tools used by adults are readily found at archaeological sites. The origin of the word "toy" is unknown, but it is believed that it was first used in the 14th century

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures of Fanny...
    I haven't ever had a special toy or blanket though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Money can't buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Ferrari". Sums it up really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal Metzler10 March 2011 at 02:53

    I am sooooo happy to hear that i am not the ONLY adult to have a stuffed animal! If you have ever read the about me on my facebook page you know i have a "comfort pet" (lol) named Barnsie! He is 9 years old. He has been drooled on, squished, dropped, suffocated, and drowned! But he always has a place on my bed and in my arms at night! :) and money bought him, and he makes me happy! :) i think money can bring someone many feelings? Have you ever seen the show how lottery changed my life? Lol but for me i think it depends on what you perseive as happy? To some its love, or objects, but to me i already have love, and objects are great but to me the happiness money would bring is no stress! Stress of bills, and my car breaking down, or my son needing food or shoes, dr bills, or paying my rent! I am happy with my life, but i would be alot happier without that stress! So in that way yes, for me money would buy happierness! Lol and i love the pics of Fanny and the sheep! :)

    ReplyDelete