Thursday 10 March 2011

Day 21: Out with the old In with the new!

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who visited my blog yesterday got too almost 100 visitor's! Which is amazing thank you everyone and wow 3 weeks down already! Once again the weather got in our way to take the pictures! Today's weather is insane the wind is so strong that power lines have been broken and we are having power cuts and water cuts! I was sent home from Uni because we couldn't have the lecture and my flats gates and lifts were not working either! So I am going to show you some pictures from my backlog I have :P

I have been wanting to show this pictures for a while and now is the perfect time as you don't want to see buildings and you have already had some people pictures! So why not vehicles! I myself am not an expert with any form of cars or land vehicles as I am terrible with names, But I am an expert at using transport, I have used almost every type of transport in my time in a long distance relationship.
There was a debate on Spotify the other day about transport and if people hate it or love it and i think that would be a good topic for today's blog. in my opinion i both love and hate transport. I love transport because it gets you to the places you need to be and at such a speed. The thing I hate about transport is when you are coming home alone. it is one of the worst feelings in the world. Please leave a comment with your own opinions! thank you for reading.




Now some random facts! 


A vehicle (from Latin: vehiculum) is a device that is designed or used to transport people or cargo. Most often vehicles are manufactured(e.g. bicycles, cars, motorcycles, trains, ships, boats, and aircraft).
Vehicles that do not travel on land often are called craft, such as watercraft, sailcraft, aircraft, hovercraft, and spacecraft.
Land vehicles are classified broadly by what is used to apply steering and drive forces against the ground: wheeled, tracked, railed, or skied. 


  • The oldest boats to be found by archaeological excavation are logboats from around 7,000–9,000 years ago
  • a 7,000 year-old seagoing boat made from reeds and tar has been found in Kuwait.
  • There is evidence of camel pulled wheeled vehicles about 3000–4000 BCE.
  • Railways began reappearing in Europe after the Dark Ages. The earliest known record of a railway in Europe from this period is a stained-glass window in the Minster of Freiburg im Breisgau dating from around 1350
  • In Russia, in the 1780s, Ivan Kulibin developed a human-pedalled, three-wheeled carriage with modern features such as a flywheel, brake, gear box, and bearings; however, it was not developed further.
  • 1783 Montgolfier brothers first Balloon vehicle
  • 1903 Wright brothers flew the first controlled, powered aircraft
  • 1907 First helicopters Gyroplane no.1 (tethered) and Cornu helicopter (free flight)
  • 1961 Vostok vehicle carried first man (Yuri Gagarin) into space
  • 1969 Apollo Program first manned vehicle lands on the moon

1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler11 March 2011 at 06:18

    I love the old cars! So did tyler! :) he always makes me take pics of cars. I love vehicle transport. I have never been on a plane, but the idea scares and interests me. Maybe some day i will get to fly. I have never been on a train either. But i hear they rock alot and i can get pretty motion sick. Lol been on a grey hound bus, its not too bad? Bicycles rock! Skate boards rule! And boat is sweet too (as long as its not on the ocean) lol and man would i loooove to go to the moon! :) and my dream destination is italy. Some day! :)

    ReplyDelete