Tuesday 8 March 2011

Day 19: Spring colours!

I am sorry for the late blog but today was a late day! First of all I would like to say Happy Pan cake day! Well spring really is here with anther beautiful day of sunlight, I think I have socked up almost every ray of light I could :P Today was another busy day as me and Fanny both went shopping! I treated myself which I haven't done in a long time to a game, man bag and a t-shirt and a new jacket! as my old one is falling apart! As you can see by my picture blossom is on its way! one of my favourite time of the year when the trees blossom and I hope I can get pictures of this! I hope the weather is nice were you are and I hope everyone is just as happy as I am! I am hoping the pictures for tomorrows blog will be amazing will be going out tomorrow to take them! For today I will keep the blog short as it is late and I am very tired! Tomorrows blog will really good I hope so please check it! thanks for visiting and I hope you all are well!                          
  Now some random facts!
Shrove Tuesday is a term used in English-speaking countries, especially the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, and parts of the United States for the day preceding Ash Wednesday, the first day of the season of fasting and prayer called Lent.
The word shrove is the past participle of the English verb to shrive, which means to obtain absolution for one's sins by way of confession and doing penance. During the week before Lent, sometimes called Shrovetide in English, Christians were expected to go to confession in preparation for the penitential season of turning to God. Shrove Tuesday was the last day before the beginning of Lent on Ash Wednesday, and noted in histories dating back to 1000 AD. The popular celebratory aspect of the day had developed long before the Protestant Reformation, and was associated with releasing high spirits before the somber season of Lent. 
It is analogous to the continuing Carnival tradition associated with Mardi Gras (and its various names in different countries) that continued separately in European Catholic countries.

1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler9 March 2011 at 04:34

    Beautiful flowers! The only thing remotely flower around here is a dandilion? Does that count as a flower? Lol. Glad to hear you and Fannys shopping day went great! :)

    ReplyDelete