Monday 4 April 2011

Day 46: Spring life.


 Hello again audience, I am finally starting to feel better all I have to do is get rid of this Cough! I hope every one had a great weekend and going back to work/school was not too hard on Monday :)

Today I went for a walk with my dogs and I saw these beautiful horse chestnut budding and I had my camera on me :) I was looking for new locations for my Geocache as I had to move its location. I have found a few good spots and have written to the people who look after the land if I am aloud to go through with my ideas. It should be very exciting!

I thought today I would comment on Geocaching. It is anther one of my hobbies which goes hand in hand with photography and hiking. For those who do not know what geocaching is I will give you a small description. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment. This description does not even begin to describe the little explorations you can have, the fun and the hidden wonders you can find :P During the winter I was unable to do much geocaching as it isn't very pleasant to be poking around wet and horrible corners and also was busy getting used to Uni! I will go Geocaching this week and I will take some pictures and do a Geocaching blog for you to give you a better idea!


I Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and I hope everyone's week goes well. Thank you for reading today's blog and I hope to see you again tomorrow! 


Now some random Facts

Aesculus hippocastanum is a large deciduous tree, commonly known as Horse-chestnut or Conker tree.
Aesculus hippocastanum is native to a small area in the mountains of the Balkans in southeast Europe, in small areas in northern Greece, Albania, the Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, and Bulgaria (Pindus Mountains mixed forests and Balkan mixed forests).It is widely cultivated throughout the temperate world.
The common name horse-chestnut is reported as having originated from the erroneous belief that the tree was a kind of chestnut, together with the observation that eating them cured horses of chest complaints

1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler5 April 2011 at 02:31

    The Horse-chestnut looks very interesting! almost alien yet very beautiful! and it looks like a gorgeous spring day! very warming pics! :) i love geocaching since you introduced it to me last year! there is one me and my family didn't get to locate last year so every time i drive by the location i say "we ARE gonna find that this year when it gets nicer out!" lol i can't wait.....it WILL be mine! hee hee

    ReplyDelete