Tuesday 29 March 2011

Day 40: Piggy!! Oink!


 Hello again audience, today's pictures are of these cute little pigs from the farm which would not stop eating! haha they also like it when people stuck there finger up their noses! today I do not have much writing energy left as I have been doing an assignment all day on BATS, it was really really interesting and  I actually enjoyed writing it. I think bats are now my favourite animal! so I thought a good question for today would be what is your favourite animal!?

         I am sorry I have had no inspiration for anything more for today's blog but i hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope you week is going well. thank you for reading and see you tomorrow! 

Now some random facts! 

A pig is any of the animals in the genus Sus, within the Suidae family of even-toed ungulates. Pigs include the domestic pig, its ancestor the wild boar, and several other wild relatives. Pigs are omnivores and are highly social and intelligent animals.

A typical pig has a large head with a long snout which is strengthened by a special prenasal bone and by a disk of cartilage at the tip. The snout is used to dig into the soil to find food and is a very acute sense organ. There are four hoofed toes on each foot, with the two larger central toes bearing most of the weight, but the outer two also being used in soft ground.

With around 2 billion individuals alive at any time, the domesticated pig is one of the most numerous large mammals on the planet.
The ancestor of the domesticated pig is the wild boar, which is one of the most numerous and widespread large mammals.


OINK OINK OINK OINK

1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler30 March 2011 at 07:38

    lol, do you have any pics of anyone sticking there finger up a pigs nose? ha ha pigs are so silly! but they are weirdly adorable. nice snout pics! hmmm, a favorite animal huh? thats a hard one since i love so many? i will tell you one i DONT like! ironically it's bats! ha ha seriously, when i was about 7 or 8 years old one halloween eve me and my aunt (who was dressed as frankensteins wife-hair up and all) were walking to a neighbors house to get more halloween makeup and all of a sudden this bat swooped down into her hair! i watched in HORROR as she passed out in the street, and the bat got tangled in her hair and wound up taking a huge chunk of her hair out and left a bloody hairless circle about the size of a silver dollar on her head! i ran home to get my mom and to this day if i am out at night and i hear any kind of bat (everyone says they are birds) i freak out and put my hoodie on! lol and when we go camping everyone goes down to the stream where the bats come out at twilight to eat the bugs and lays on rocks to watch them! i hope to one day conquer my fear and join them, but for now i stay crouched in my chair by the fire! lol eeeek! those things scare me. ha ha and i hate bee's, spiders, and flies! but i don't think those are considered animals? lol pretty much most other animals i love. giraffes are awesome! if those mini ones like in that commercial were real i would so buy one! lol it's late and i am rambling! night.

    ReplyDelete