Monday 28 March 2011

Day 39: Rolling hills of green!

 Hello again audience, sorry for the late blog i have been busy playing with Fungi in the lab and then cooking my dinner! what a great combo! haha! anyway today's pictures are from the beautiful mountains in Derbyshire. I have actually got so many pictures of these beautiful mountains but i didn't want to put them all on one page otherwise you would become overwhelmed.

I want to thank the two people who commented on my blog yesterday with amazing feedback! thank you so much!


Todays questions is, is the grass always greener on the other side?(which i think is a good question when looking at these mountains HAHA) Well in my opinion I think the grass will always be greener right up until you get there and then it will just be the same grass as it was and you have put so much effort getting there. I guess people should be happy with what they have BUT! a big but here you should always try for more, there is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and their week will be good! mine is going to be very busy have lots of work to finish before i go home! Once again thank you for reading! and see you again soon!










Now some random facts!

A mountain is a large landform that stretches above the surrounding land in a limited area usually in the form of a peak. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill. The adjective montane is used to describe mountainous areas and things associated with them. The study of mountains is called Orography.

Exogeology deals with planetary mountains, which in that branch of science are usually called montes (singular—mons). The highest mountain on Earth based from sea level is Mount Everest (8,848 m (29,029 ft)) in the Himalayas of Asia. The highest known mountain in the Solar System is Olympus Mons on the planet Mars at 21,171 m (69,459 ft). 

3 comments:

  1. wikipedia ruins this blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiiiiii
    It's Eda, from college hahaa. Anyhoo saw your blog on Facebook thought I'd check it out as I'm a fairly new blogger too. These photos are really great and I really like your blog's concept. I would suggest you to look at my blog but it's mainly about music and fashion...don't know whether you are interested in the latter.
    So yes happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal Metzler29 March 2011 at 03:59

    These pics sure look greener to me! Lol. That place is soooo beautiful! Who knew that the highest mountain wasnt on earth! Thats cool. To me the grass sometimes looks greener on the other side! Lol but your right, The closer you get it becomes just the same! But from far away it sure looks better! Lol. But the grass in your pics makes me wanna bet a picnic going! :) thanks for the great pics, love the houses too!

    ReplyDelete