Sunday 13 March 2011

Day 24: Lazy Sunday

Hello again everyone! yesterdays blog was a massive hit breaking all my record views! I have also achieved over 1000 views in the 24 days I have been posting which I am very happy with :P Thank you all.
Well today's blog like I said is about lazy Sundays! do you love them or hate them? I really love them, you can catch up on sleep get stuff done and just chill out and relax and with the picture I put up today you can tell what my girlfriend does on a lazy Sunday! haha :P I think I will keep today's blog short so you can enjoy your lazy Sunday and I hope I will see you tomorrow.
Now some random facts! 
Sleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by reduced or absent consciousness, relatively suspended sensory activity, and inactivity of nearly all voluntary muscles. It is distinguished from quiet wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, but it is more easily reversible than hibernation or coma. Sleep is a heightened anabolic state, accentuating the growth and rejuvenation of the immune, nervous, skeletal and muscular systems. It is observed in all mammals, all birds, and many reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
The purposes and mechanisms of sleep are only partially clear and are the subject of intense research. Sleep is often thought to help conserve energy, but actually decreases metabolism only about 5–10%. Hibernating animals need to sleep despite the hypometabolism seen in hibernation, and in fact they must return from hypothermia to euthermy in order to sleep, making sleeping "energetically expensive."
The average American lives 74.1 years and sleeps 1/3 of their lifetime, this adds up to 194,821 hours of the 649,401 hours of life at an average of 8 hours sleep a day.


1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler15 March 2011 at 03:24

    I love lazy sundays! :) i just love to spend time at home with the family and go nowhere! And i wish i got 8 hours of sleep! :) maybe thats why i love lazy sundays, so i can catch up on my lost sleep. Lol. Enjoy your sunday and glad to hear your blog is doing so well! :) sweet dreams Fanny!

    ReplyDelete