Friday 18 March 2011

Day 29: The window into a soul

Hello again Audience, today's picture is of some of the beautiful decoration in the Trafford centre, I tried to get as centre as I could but there was an escalator  in the way! Today I feel very happy, have been with my friend walking around in the beautiful weather, I got a few pictures but have not had time to look yet as I have been in a 4 way conversation on Skype, me my girl friend and anther English-Swedish couple. Its nice to know other people are going through the same thing as us. 
I was trying to think of a question for today's blog and I looked at the picture and the title just sprung into my head! So what is a soul? they say when you die you body weight decreases by I think 21g which can not be explained. Is this a soul? I defiantly believe in souls, they are what will live on once we die and move on to the after life. What is your opinions let me know! Thank you for all the feed back yesterday! hope you have a good weekend and ill see you tomorrow. 
Now some random facts! 
A soul, in certain spiritual, philosophical, and psychological traditions, is the incorporeal essence of a person or living thing or object.Many philosophical and spiritual systems teach that humans are souls; some attribute souls to all living things and even to inanimate objects (such as rivers); this belief is commonly called animism.Some religions believe the soul exits the body and lives on after a person’s death, and some posit that Deities create souls.In some schools of thought, such as Dualism, the soul is deemed integral or essential to consciousness and personality. Soul sometimes functions as a synonym for spiritmind or self.Other common philosophical positions such as Physicalism and reductionism deem the soul to be an incoherent concept and reject the idea of an incorporeal entity or essence. 

8 comments:

  1. Bren (the awesome one)18 March 2011 at 21:15

    I WAS IN THAT FOUR WAY! <3

    Ps. Love you Jade... and you, bill <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon: lol you're soulless

    Anyway, I'M ALSO IN THE FOUR WAY!

    (Love you Bren, and Will and Fanny. But most you Bren <3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{[Stop Plagiarism Now]}}
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this before :P I don't make money from this blog so I don't need to link wiki as the information is free for anyone, used in anyway and also they don't ask to be referenced and also I have said at the beginning all my facts come from wiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM IN THE FOURWAY AS WELL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon 1: I dont think at any time anyone was promoting the idea that we have a soul, and everyone is entitled to their open on the matter. I however, do think it's a load of shit :P.

    Anon 2: Really? Just really? That's incredibly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal Metzler19 March 2011 at 08:42

    Lovely pic, nice to see the inside of the lovely centre! I believe we have a soul (well some of us anyway lol) and that it leaves our shell of a body when we "expire" but who knows if its true till it happens? I think that is how we connect to those we love and care for! And congrats on having a critic or two, that means you are the shit! :) lol

    ReplyDelete