Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 26: Through and Through

Through and Through
I look up at the sky, remembering, hoping, dreaming,
I long to be back in the air flying, soaring, screaming,
gliding, powering and speeding through the soft clouds,
faster and faster, closer and closer, through and through,
the sun always shining above the clouds for me to you,
I do this because I love you, I do this because you are you,
I would never change this, even though the pain is raw,
because you are my future, me and you,
 forever and always...I couldn't love you more.

Today is an emotional day for me and it is the same for many who are in long distance relationships, saying good bye the the person you love the most for any amount of time is hard, but I know the waiting is worth it and soon both me and my girlfriend hope to take away the distance in our long distance relationship. I have been saving this picture for some time now just for this moment, and I hope you can see why and see how much it means to me. I want to thank everyone of you for supporting me and I hope you enjoy today's blog and this one I hope will be one of the best. I hope you like the poem I wrote it isn't anything special but I thought I should have a poem for today's blog. Please leave some feedback on what you think of today's blog and just say anything if what I have said has applied to you or you understand what it is like! 
 Now some random facts! 
A long-distance relationship (LDR) is typically an intimate relationship that takes place when the partners are separated by a considerable distance.
In 2005, according to The Center for the Study of Long Distance Relationships, an estimated 2.9% of US marriages were considered long-distance, with 1 in 10 marriages reported to have included a period at long distance within the first 3 years. This means that in 2005 approximately 3.5 million people in the US alone were involved in long-distance marriages. It is harder to know precisely how many non-married couples are in a long-distance relationship but according to The Center for the Study of Long Distance Relationships there was an estimated 4 to 4.5 million college couples in the US which were in non marital LDRs. Between 25–40% of all romantic relationships among students attending colleges across the US are long distance.




1 comment:

  1. Crystal Metzler15 March 2011 at 22:38

    This picture brings sad feelings for me because although i haven't been in a long distance relationship, i know how hard it would be to be gone from Eddie for any length of time. The longest we have been apart is 3 days. And that was bad enough! But if you have the love you find the will! You just make it work, because breaking up would be way worse! i hope the time flys for you both! :) And i loved your poem too! :)

    ReplyDelete